How to Transfer Emails from One to Another Gmail Account on Mac?
June 21st, 2021
July 22, 2021
5 minutes Read
If you want to transfer Gmail to another Gmail account on your Mac PC, you can opt for various options. In this article, we explain different methods by which you can migrate your data from one Gmail account to another Gmail account on Mac. Also, you will learn why you need to migrate the files.
Gmail is a mailing solution by Google. It is the most popular email client loaded with advanced features. Google continuously updates its different products to give an excellent experience to users. Along with that, you can integrate your Gmail account with other products of Google. So It is no doubt an incomparable email provider.
However, you may feel the need to migrate emails from one Gmail account to another Gmail account. Now, there may be several reasons for this migration. Let us explore them all.
Reasons for Migrating Data from One Account to the Other
For importing emails from one Gmail account to another Gmail account, you may have different reasons. Some of you may have your reasons. However, in most cases, the following are the root causes to transfer Gmail to another Gmail account.
- You may have created a new Gmail account which you are using officially. So, you need to move emails from one Gmail account to another.
- Your old email account may be at risk of a data breach. You want to protect your valuable data from virus attacks or malicious activities. Therefore, you can transfer your emails from one account to another.
- Also, you may want to make one of your email accounts a backup mailbox account. In this case, you need not delete emails after migration.
After exploring the reasons, let us learn – How to transfer email from one Gmail account to another?
How to Transfer Gmail to Another Gmail Account?
The procedure of transferring data from one Gmail account to another has two steps. You need to follow them one by one to migrate your mailbox items.
- Enable POP setting in your old Gmail account
- Import emails to your new Gmail account
Step 1: Enable POP Settings in Your Old Gmail Account
- Open your Gmail account on Mac.
- Sign in using your login credentials.
- Click on the Gear icon in the top left corner and select the See all settings options.
- A new page will appear. Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option.
- After that, choose the Enable POP for all mail options in the POP download section.
- Next, choose the Keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox option from the drop-down.
- At last, click on the Save Changes button.
After performing the above steps, you have enabled the POP for all emails in your old email account to transfer Gmail to another Gmail account. Now, follow the next step to complete the email migration.
Step 2: Import Emails to Your New Gmail Account
- Sign to your new Gmail account using the login credentials.
- Press the Gear icon and click on the Settings option from the list.
- On the next page, select the Accounts and Import tab.
- After that, in the Check mail for other accounts section, click on Add a mail account option.
- In the new wizard, enter the old Gmail account and press Next.
- Now, choose the Import emails from my other account (POP3) option.
- At last, enter the email account password and other details. Press the Add Account button.
- It will start the email migration from one Gmail account to another account.
The above standard procedure is effective but quite complicated. Therefore, you need a more advanced solution to transfer Gmail to another Gmail account.
Professional Tool to Migrate Gmail Account to Another Gmail Account
The ideal technique to transfer Gmail to another Gmail account is professional software. The manual methods are not suitable for everyone. Most new non-technical users can not perform the steps of a manual technique. Therefore, it is a better alternative for email migration. It is a fast and effective technique in which you have a variety of options. You can also migrate your Gmail mailbox to another email client or file format. Also, you can use the free software to evaluate the complete software.
The Salient Features of the Professional Software
- It migrates the mailbox items from one Gmail account to another on Mac OS without damaging the data.
- The software allows you to convert Gmail emails into PDF file format on Mac OS.
- You can also export your emails to other email clients like Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook, Amazon Mail, Live Exchange, etc.
- The tool has a backup scheduling feature that helps you start the backup process on a particular date and time. You can also set a frequency for regular backup.
- The layout is simple and interactive. Also, the procedure to transfer emails from Gmail to Gmail is easy. You do not need additional assistance in migrating your file.
- The software is compatible with most versions of the Mac Operating System. Therefore, you can install and run this software on your system to transfer Gmail to another Gmail account.
Working of MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool
- Install and run the MacSonik Gmail Backup tool.
- Enter your Gmail credentials and log in to your email account.
- Select the desired mailbox items and click on the Next button.
- Choose the file format or email client in the Save/Backup/Migrate As option.
- After that, select all the additional features as per your requirement.
- At last, click on the Convert button to start the data transfer.
- Press the Download Report button to check the email migration.
The standard technique is not a suitable option for everyone. Therefore, using the MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool is the best method to transfer Gmail to another Gmail account. It gives you various exclusive features.