How to Backup Gmail Emails to PST File Format on Mac?
Mukul TripathiMukul Tiwari June 28th, 2021
If you want to backup Gmail emails to PST file format, you can perform the operation by various options. This article will show you all the ways to save your Gmail inbox as a PST file on your Mac. Also, you will learn different reasons to migrate the emails. So, read the blog for complete information.
When you log in to your Gmail account in the Chrome browser, the user interface will remain the same whether you use Windows or Mac. Therefore, all the features will also be the same. If you want to perform any operation in your Gmail account, the procedure will be the same.
While creating a backup of your Gmail account, there are various options you can adopt. You can practice a standard method which is a free technique. Another option you have is the professional tool which is the fastest method to backup your email account.
Why Should You Backup Your Gmail account?
Although Gmail offers several exclusive features, users backup Gmail emails to PST file format because creating email backup has several advantages. Therefore, we are describing the main reasons why most users want to backup Gmail emails.
- Gmail is not the best email client when it comes to security parameters. It has been subjected to data breaches many times. Therefore, creating a backup is a smart move to protect your data.
- You can use the backup when you lose your valuable mailbox data. It will help you in restoring all your emails without altering the content.
- If you have created the backup to Gmail, you can access all your files without the internet. It is beneficial in case of a poor internet connection.
- People can use limited Gmail data storage quota to store their files.
These are the benefits of creating backup Gmail emails to PST file format. Now, let us learn different techniques to migrate emails.
How to Backup Gmail Emails to PST File Format?
The process of exporting your Gmail data to Outlook on Mac has two steps. You need to perform these two steps for completing the migration.
- Enable IMAP settings in your Google Account
- Adding Gmail to Outlook for Mac and backing up the data
Step 1: Enable IMAP settings in your Google Account
The first step you need to perform is to enable IMAP in your Gmail account. It allows you to add email accounts to Outlook.
- Enter the username and password to log in to your Gmail account.
- Now, hit the Settings (Gear icon) at the top right.
- Then select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Now, In the IMAP Access section, select the Enable IMAP option.
- After that, click on the Save Changes button.
Step 2: Add Gmail to Outlook for Mac and back up your data
After enabling IMAP, you have to add your Gmail account in Outlook to backup Gmail emails to PST file format. Below is the procedure to add Gmail to your Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your Mac PC.
- Now, click on the Tools tab and select the Accounts option.
- After that, press the (+) button, and click on the Other Email option.
- Type your email address, password, and username in the respective fields.
- Now, fill in the following data in the below options.
- Account Type – IMAP
- Incoming Server – imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing Server – smtp.gmail.com
- Check the Use SSL to Connect option for both incoming and outgoing servers.
- Finally, click the Add account button to add your Gmail account to Outlook.
Performing the above steps, you will export Gmail emails to PST. However, the standard technique may be complex for naive users. Also, it is not a reliable solution to your problem.
Professional Methods to Backup Gmail Emails to PST File Format on Mac
The best way to backup Gmail emails to PST file format on Mac is a professional tool. It is a fast and effective technique to migrate Gmail data in PST and other file formats. The working of the software is simple; you can export the data in a few simple steps. Along with a simple layout, it offers various advanced features that make the migration more effective and customized. You can directly export your Gmail emails to other email clients without damaging the file content.
The Salient Features
- It is a fast and effective software to backup Gmail emails to PST format without damaging the file content.
- Gmail export to PST and other file formats is possible by this software. Therefore, you can use the mailbox data for different purposes.
- It can avoid duplicate emails while exporting the mailbox files. You will only get original and unique data in the backup.
- You can delete the emails from the server after creating a backup using the Free up Server space option. It helps you in cleaning the mailbox with unnecessary emails and creating space for new emails.
- The software has the set backup schedule feature through which you can schedule the date and time of migrating the files. The software will automatically initialize the migration at that particular time. Also, you can set frequency for regular backup.
- It offers selective data migration using the Mail filter option. You can migrate only limited emails from the mailbox.
- Also, it migrate Gmail to Exchange Server, Office 365, iCloud, IMAP Server etc.
Follow Below Steps to Backup Gmail Emails to PST
- Download and Install the Macsonik Gmail Backup Tool.
- Fill in the username and password. Click on the Sign-in button.
- Select the desired mailbox items and click on the Next button.
- Select the file format/email client in the Save/Backup/Migrate As option.
- After that, select the additional features of the tool. Tick Mail Filter and assign a custom folder name.
- Click on the Convert button to initialize the migration.
- Finally, click the Download Report button.
The manual approach for migrating Gmail data is not suitable. This method has various limitations. Therefore, the MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool is the ideal solution to backup Gmail emails to PST file format. It facilitates the Gmail account backup because of various exclusive features.