Software Working Process
Steps Backup iCloud Mailboxes into file formats and cloud email services on macOS.
Install and Launch the MacSonik iCloud Backup tool.
Enter the iCloud credentials (Username & Third-party app password) and tap on the Sign-in button.
Check the iCloud mailbox items from the displayed tree structure.
Press the Next button to continue the further process.
Backup iCloud Mails to PDF Format on Mac
Select the PDF format from the drop-down list.
Opt for the Features according to your choice.
- Remove duplicate mails feature helps to clear all the similar mails in the conversion process.
- Maintain folder hierarchy to keep the mailbox folder hierarchy as original after backup.
- Check the option Save attachments separately to keep the attachments files in a separate folder.
Convert attachment to PDF format option converts the attachment into PDF format.
- Select the feature Free up server space to delete the emails from the iCloud mailboxes.
- To skip the previously converted mails choose the Skip Previously Migrated items option.
- Using Migrate or backup emails without attachment files feature allows the users to backup iCloud emails without attached files.
Opt for the option Set backup schedule to set the next backup process of iCloud emails.
Choose the Mail Filter option to schedule the timing for email backup. Additionally, Custom Folder Name permits the user to customize the name according to the user’s choice.
Using the Naming Convention feature users can save their emails as per date format.
Tap on the Path to Save button to save the resultant file at a specific location. At last, hit the Convert button to initiate the backup process.
Finally, tap on the Download Report button to download the process details in CSV format.
Backup iCloud Mails to PST Format
To Backup your iCloud emails into PST format you have to first perform the steps from 1 to 4.
Select the PST file format from the drop-down option.
Check the features as per your needs.
- Remove Duplicate Mail feature to exclude all duplicate emails in the conversion.
- Check the option Maintain folder hierarchy to retain the mailbox structure after the backup process.
Check the option Free up server space to remove the emails from iCloud mailboxes after the backup process.
- Select the feature Skip previously migrated items to exclude the earlier backed up emails using the MacSonik iCloud Backup tool.
- Migrate or backup emails without attachments file to backup only iCloud emails.
Choose the option Split Resultant PST to split the resultant PST files by user's choice.
- Check the feature Set backup schedule to fix the next backup process of iCloud emails.
Now, mark the Mail filter to enter the required dates to back up the required emails within the date range. Additionally, Tick the Custom Folder Name option to enter the name of the resultant file as per your choice.
Tap on the Path to Save button to save the output file at the desired location. Then, hit on the Convert button to start the process.
At last, you can download the report by clicking on the Download Report button.
Migrate iCloud Emails to Gmail
If you want to migrate iCloud mailbox to Gmail account, then first you have to perform the above mentioned steps no. 1 to 4.
Now, choose the Gmail client from the drop-down list.
Enter the Gmail credentials and press the Sign in button.
Mark the features as per your requirements.
- Remove duplicate mail features that allow the users to exclude all the duplicate emails in the conversion process.
- Maintain the Folder hierarchy feature maintains the hierarchy throughout the conversion process.
The free up server space option allows the users to delete the email from the iCloud server.
- If you want to migrate your iCloud emails without attachment files then tick on the Migrate or backup emails without attachment files.
Users can also set the schedule for backup iCloud emails with the help of Set a specific schedule feature.
Now, you have to tick the Mail filter to enter the start and the end date to backup emails. After that, check the Custom folder name option to enter the specific name for the resultant file.
At last, press the Convert button to start the migration process.
Here your migration process is complete. You can press the Download Report button to download the output file.
Migrate iCloud Emails to IMAP Server
To migrate emails from an iCloud account to IMAP server, you have to follow the above-listed steps no. 1 to 4.
Choose the IMAP server from the option Save/Backup/Migrate As.
Check the features according to your preference.
- Mark the Remove Duplicate Emails feature to remove the duplicate emails in the migration process.
- By default, Maintain folder hierarchy to keep the folder mailbox.
Check the option Free up server space to delete the iCloud emails from the mailbox.
- You can skip the earlier migrated items by clicking the Skip previously migrated items option.
- Migrate or backup emails without attachments file option to permit users to backup IMAP emails without attachments.
Set backup schedule feature is used to set the backup schedule for the upcoming emails.
Check the Mail Filter to choose some specific schedules for migrating the emails. Check the Custom Folder Name option to save the resultant file name according to yourself.
Additionally, tap on the Convert button.
Finally, press the Download report button to download and view your resultant file.