Software Working Process
A step-by-step process to backup IMAP emails to different file formats and email clients.
Download and Run the MacSonik IMAP Backup tool.
Now, enter the IMAP Credentials (Username, password, IMAP host, Port no.) and press the Sign in button.
Tick the IMAP mailbox items from the displayed tree structure.
Tap on the Next button to continue the process.
Backup IMAP Emails into PDF format on Mac
Choose PDF from the displayed drop-down symbol.
Select the Features as per your requirements.
- Remove duplicate mails allows the users to remove duplicate mails after the conversion process.
- Convert attachment to PDF format feature converts the attachment into PDF format.
- If you want to leave your previously converted emails you can select the Skip Previously Migrated items feature.
- To Migrate emails without attachment files, check the Migrate or backup emails without attachment files.
Select the Mail Filter option to set the specific schedules for converting the emails.
Custom Folder Name enables the user to add a name to the output file.
Using the Naming Convention feature user can save their emails according to the date format.
Click on the Path to Save button to save the resultant file to the desired location.
Finally, hit the Convert button to initiate the migration process.
You can also stop the process in between by clicking on the Stop button.
At last, tap on the Download Report button to download to view the resultant file.
Backup IMAP Emails into PST format on Mac
Here repeat the above steps from 1 to 4 to backup IMAP emails to PST format on macOS.
Choose the PST file format from the drop-down option.
Check the features as per your requirements.
- Remove Duplicate Mail feature to extract all the duplicate emails in the conversion.
- Skip Previously Migrated Items allows the users to leave earlier converted emails.
- Using the Migrate or backup emails without attachments features users can take backup of their emails without attachments.
- Check the option Split Resultant PST files and also enter the criteria (MB or GB) by which you need to split the resultant PST.
Tick the Mail filter to enter the required dates to back up the required emails within the date range.
Mark the Custom Folder Name option to enter the name of the resultant file as per your choice.
Now, tap on the Path to Save button to save the output file at the desired location.
Then, hit on the Convert button to start the process.
Here you can also stop the conversion in between by tapping on the Stop button.
At last, you can download the report by clicking on the Download Report button.
Migrate IMAP Mailboxes to Another IMAP Server
To migrate emails from one IMAP server to another IMAP server, you have to follow the above-mentioned steps 1 to 4.
Select the IMAP server from the save/backup/migrate as a drop-down menu.
Now, type the IMAP credentials (IMAP host, username, password, port no.) and press the Sign in button.
Mark the Features as per your needs.
- Tick the Remove Duplicate Emails feature to remove the duplicate emails after the conversion process.
- You can leave previously migrated items by clicking the Skip previously migrated items feature.
- Migrate or backup emails without attachments files feature to allow the users to take backup of IMAP emails without attachments.
- Select the option Set backup schedule to fix the incremental backup of IMAP emails within to given options.
Tick the Mail Filter to select the specific schedules for converting the emails.
Check the Custom Folder Name option to save the output file name according to yourself and then press the Convert button.
At last, hit the Download report button to download and view your resultant file.
Migrate IMAP mailboxes to Office 365
Follow the above-listed steps no. 1 to 4 to migrate IMAP emails to Office 365 account.
Choose the Office 365 email client from the drop-down and Sign in using the Office 365 credentials.
Check the Features as per your choice.
- Remove Duplicate Mail feature allows the users to exclude all the duplicate emails in the migration process.
- Skip Previously Migrated option helps to leave or skip the earlier converted emails.
- Migrate or Backup emails without attachment files enables the users to backup emails without attachments.
- Set backup schedule feature allows users to set backup schedules for the upcoming emails.
Tick the Mail Filter option to filter the emails according to the specified dates.
Then, save the resultant file name as per your choice by selecting the Custom Folder Name option./p>
Click on the Convert button to start the migration process.
Here you can stop the migration process in between by clicking on the Stop button
At last, you can download and view your report by pressing the Download Report button.